My rules on apologies.
- It is never too late to apologize and start over.
- If you owe someone an apology, just do it.
- Just because you offer an apology doesn’t mean that it will be accepted and embraced.
- You should stop what you are doing and apologize right now even if you don’t mean it. You probably mean it. And it’s overdue.
- If someone owes you an apology and it doesn’t come within the first 48 hours, stop waiting for it.
- You certainly don’t have to accept an apology for more than it is — words.
- An apology’s impact depends on the sincerity of the apology.
- When there are no words, a hug will do just fine.