Let’s Fix Work Episode 68
This week I welcome Dan Cockerell to the show. Once upon a time, Dan was the VP of Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom. He is now an Executive Coach, Keynote Speaker, and Leadership Mentor. Because this is a podcast about leadership and work, it was only fitting to have an ex-Disney executive on to talk about leadership.
In this episode, we talk about how and why Disney became the gold standard of employee experience, training, and development. Then we talk in-depth about dilemmas versus problems, as well as professional detachment and some ways Dan is currently fixing work. So if you want to learn from someone who knows a thing or two about the gold standard of work and how to fix it, then sit back and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- What makes Disney the gold standard regarding employee experience, training, and development
- About corporations that provide such great wealth but also struggle at the bottom end of the spectrum to meet certain basic needs and why it happens
- The difference between a problem and a dilemma
- How Dan looks at dilemmas and some ways he is currently fixing work
- What do you do if the labor pool isn’t meeting your standards
- Dan’s advice to the 20-year-old version of himself
Resources from this episode:
To receive Dan’s article of the week, text DANAOW to 44222
Dan’s Podcast: dancockerell.com/blog/podcast/