I also want to say, “I told you so.”
You can be proud to work in human resources, recruiting, and all the related fields when the following conditions are met:
1. Women and minorities are paid based their worth
2. People are hired based on ability and not likability
3. Employees can perform their job duties in safe environments
4. Executives are held to the same performance and compensation standards and the lowest-level employee of an organization
5. Productivity, revenue, and profit correlate to investments in an emotionally invested and well-rested workforce
You do those five things, and you can brag about the value that HR brings to an organization. Until then, we ought to cool it on patting ourselves on the back.