These are my tips to work at home with your cats.
- If you have something important to do, save it for later. Cats are your priority.
- Before you start a Skype meeting, warn everybody that you have cats and they like to jump up and watch the screen like it’s TV.
- If you’re on a conference call and your cat begins to meow, get up and leave the room. Your cat isn’t going anywhere.
- It never hurts to give your cat some treats before a meeting.
- It also doesn’t hurt to give your cat treats during a meeting.
- Give her a few more snacks at the end because she’s been a good girl.
- Keep a peacock feather in your office. It’s just fun to play in the middle of the day.
- Have lots of perches and cat beds around your desk. They’ll probably go unused because the best spot is right in front of your monitor. Have them, anyway.
- The minimum number of required lint rollers in your home office: 4.
- Be prepared to walk away from your project at any point because your cat finally settled down and you wonder — Hey, where is she? Is she dead? How come she’s not bothering me? Oh, she’s sleeping somewhere else and looks cute. Let’s wake her up!
That’s how I do it, anyway.