Isn’t it about time we had a corporate mindset shift? Because come on! There’s more to work than giving the company your heart and soul. Jon Fortt, co-anchor of CNBC’s “Squawk Alley,” joins Laurie to talk about what’s going right, what went wrong, and what’s broken in the world of work. They talk about the reshaping of the traditional corporate mindset, #MeToo, wages, and the future of work.
- Jon Fortt is the host of Fortt Knox, a podcast dedicated to interviewing the highest achievers in the business, entertainment, philanthropy, and sports industries. His show gives us a sneak peek into these industry giants’ lives and businesses while tackling the most interesting business and economic issues.
- How can we emulate the best leaders in the industry? Jon shares his take on how today’s leaders are rethinking and reshaping the traditional corporate mindset. He shares how two outstanding leaders are breaking the mold of tradition with their business approach: Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, and Stitch Fix CEO, Katrina Lake.
- The #MeToo movement and stagnant wages are big issues in the global community. Jon shares his thoughts on corporate culture and respect. He also talks about why leaders should have plans to address and mitigate these issues.
- The tribe seems split when it comes to the flat wages issue. When labor demand is high but the employment rate is low, wages are at an all-time high. Although some companies are working to amend this for their employees’ benefit, others see it as more of an expense. Jon believes it shouldn’t be about hard data. Things like empathy and creativity are deeply important in any industry or organization.
- Laurie and Jon talk about the future of work and what he thinks about the next 10-20 years. People are worried that robots will be taking their jobs, but Jon believes that isn’t true. Instead, he believes there’s plenty of space for people because businesses need employees who are able to think about how their job impacts their role, the CEO, and the business.