This week on Let’s Fix Work, I am excited to introduce you to Rana Stanfill-Hobbs. She wears many hats, including Director of Insights at Ultimate Software (our sponsor), mom, step-mom, musician, and consummate learner. On today’s episode, Rana and I talk about enterprise software and technology, of course. We also talk about her journey from someone who recognizes patterns to an individual who’s living a full and authentic life at work.
Rana is also the founder of Compass Credo, a website that helps people achieve their best lives and live according to their own set of values. I love it! It’s not often that I speak to someone who’s an artist, singer, and songwriter, as well as the Director of Insights at a technology company. Rana’s background and expertise are really fascinating. If you love strong women, technology talk, and learning how to live an authentic life, then sit tight and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The influences of creativity and understanding how to create the best work environments
- Recognizing what you’re good at and how you excel
- The importance of having an open dialogue with customers to determine where they are in their journey, everyone is at different experience points
- Balancing the excitement of introducing a new technological platform in a company and why it’s important to slow the pace when onboarding
- Moving towards an honest conversation about imperfect solutions that can help move an organization forward
- How technology can help with positive conversations such as continuous performance management
- How to be your authentic self at work
“The more that you can be human, more authentic, and the more holistic you are thinking about life and the work that you’re doing, the better you can navigate all of this. And the more powerful the connections are that you have with your customers, your colleagues, and with people in general.” ~ Rana Stanfill-Hobbs
Resources from this episode:
Thank our sponsor: Ultimatesoftware.com/LFW
We’re proud to be sponsored by Ultimate Software. They’re a leading cloud provider of people management solutions with a commitment to continuing education for HR, talent, and payroll professionals.
Ultimate Software is hosting dozens of free educational HR workshops around the country. Check out ultimatesoftware.com/LFW for more information on how to earn free HRCI, SHRM, and APA recertification credits.