Want to know what’s trending in HR tech?
- Big data. Also known as the phrase you’re misusing. It’s the beast that won’t go away. Nobody knows what it is and everybody fears it.
- Customer experience. Some call this CX and others call this UX because there are gradations of customer and user experiences. Anyway, I have no idea why it’s trendy to suddenly care about customers and users. I think that’s core and critical to your business.
- Simplification. Yeah, no joke. Simple tech is better tech. Also, water is wet.
- Legacy thinking. This used to be called knowledge management. If someone important dies, your company can survive. Maybe. TBD.
- Integration. It’s not just about integrating your HR product into Slack, although it seems that way.
- Labor as supply chain. This is just as gross as it sounds. But labor isn’t just FTEs. It’s anybody who toils for your CEO. This includes consultants, contractors, and Rhonda at the reception desk.
- Mobile. Jesus Christ with the mobile. It’s true, though. This is still trending.
- Influence. Who matters most to your company? It’s probably somebody who doesn’t work for your company.
You know what isn’t necessarily trending in the world of HR technology? A better procurement and sales process. It’s still awful to demo, buy, and sell HR technology.
I’m not a technologist, but someone should fix that with an app or something.