I’ve been doing more media, lately, and I just thought it would be amusing to share some of those links.
- The Office Pet Is a Pig. No, Really – WSJ
- How to get that promotion you’ve been waiting for – Mashable
- How to Determine Your PTO Policy – Entrepreneur
- 11 Habits of Expert Salary Negotiators – Real Simple
- How to Date (Responsibly) at Work – Glamour
I’ve also been in Men’s Health and a few other print publications that haven’t archived to the web.
I missed talking about the intersection of work and human resources. I did this quite a bit through 2011, and then I stopped to focus on building a consulting business. That was dumb. I should always do media. Always!
I am an ambassador for human resources who also happens to have some HR domain expertise. I’m a feminist, an independent thinker, and I trust you to be your own boss. You don’t need a lot of rules to do great work. And I’m not the kind of HR lady who wants to mother you. I’ve got other stuff to do.
So here’s me: I’m an HR expert who isn’t in love with human resources. But I’m not in love with your dumb-ass ideas about the future of HR.
Hi, everybody. It’s nice to be back!