Let’s Fix Work is underwritten by WorkHuman, sponsored by Globoforce. Visit WorkHuman.com and use code WorkHumanLFW for a $100 off discount.
This week on Let’s Fix Work, I am happy to introduce you to Hung Lee. Hung is the founder of WorkShape.io – the revolutionary recruiting platform for software engineers. He’s also an editor of the leading industry newsletter called Recruiting Brainfood. I love the newsletter, and I know you will too!
Today, Hung and I are talking about the real currency and real truths of business and relationships. Hung and I also have an honest chat about work, mental health, entrepreneurship, and what it takes to actually make a sale. And spoiler alert: it’s really hard to sell stuff.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur just starting out or a seasoned careerist who’s curious about hanging a shingle, know this: business relationships are important. We’re talking about that and more, in this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Hung share his entrepreneurial journey
- The stereotypes and myths of entrepreneurship
- Hung’s unique take on being an entrepreneur and on role models
- The risks and downsides of being in business
- How the steps to customer acquisition differ when you are an employee vs. an entrepreneur
- Make it easy for people to buy from you: How the hell do you do that?
- Recruiting Brainfood newsletter, Hung’s thoughts and thinking behind creating it
- The real currency of life, relationships, and how Hung developed his own relationship skills for business
“In a connected world, people need to be very conscious of where the flow of information is and if you’re a businessperson or an entrepreneur, you need to be standing at the confluence where that information flows for your particular market or industry. You know you can have flaws in every single thing you’re doing. But if you stand in the right place, you’re going to be alright.” ~ Hung Lee
Resources from this episode:
Recruiting Brainfood is a 3 Course Meal
- Sunday newsletter
- Mon-Thurs – group discussion on the shared content
- Friday – livestream the best thoughts + bringing in the original content creators to share their insight.
How to participate:
- Join the newsletter here (lnkd.in/gPqC6k8)
- Join the community here ( bit.ly/2somDTn )
- Save your seat for the livecast here ( bit.ly/2RIR7xM)