Punk Rock HR Episode 109:
If you’ve ever wondered, am I qualified? Or am I the right person for this role? You are going to enjoy this week’s conversation with Amanda Nachman. With graduation season upon us, Amanda is perfectly positioned to talk about looking for a job in a pandemic. She is an author and professional speaker who is passionate about helping emerging professionals become career strategists and achieve their dream careers. She’s also a motivational speaker at Find Your Passion Career and the CEO of the College Magazine.
In this conversation, Amanda and I talk about her new book #Qualified: You Are More Impressive Than You Realize, her journey developing College Magazine, and the growth of her career. Amanda has lessons for you, whether you’re a new grad or someone who has been doing your job for twenty years. You don’t need to wait around for someone to tell you that you’re qualified. You can build this experience on your own.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Amanda turned her idea to create a guide that would help students be successful in what is known today as College Magazine.
- About Amanda’s new book #QUALIFIED and how you don’t need to wait around for someone to tell you that you’re qualified. You can build this experience on your own.
- What’s going to have the path of least resistance isn’t always what’s most exciting or what’s most fulfilling for us. And I think we lose sight of that.
- Amanda’s message for somebody who feels average and unqualified.
- Some of the bumps Amanda has had on the road to her success.
- The importance of making courageous connections.
- How to level up your story first, so you’re ready for moments of rejection.
Resources from this episode: