Punk Rock HR Episode 129:
My guest this week is Brant Menswar. Brant is a top 10 motivational speaker, critically acclaimed author, award-winning musician, podcast host, and the CEO and founder of Rock Star Impact, a boutique agency that teaches people and organizations how to cultivate value-based leadership.
Brant is also the author of a new book called Black Sheep: Unleash the Extraordinary Awe-Inspiring, Undiscovered You. And I’m so excited that he came by to talk about self-leadership, individual accountability values, and really finding your core values and purpose in your life. So if you like your motivational speakers to be former rock stars, which I do, sit tight and enjoy this conversation with Brant Menswar.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a sports injury led Brant to his career as a musician.
- Why farmers don’t value black sheep as the rest of the flock.
- How living through his son’s life-threatening cancer diagnosis helped him realize his own black sheep values.
- How you know when you’ve made a good decision.
- Why it’s vital we stop looking solely at results when it comes to promoting people in the workplace.
- How to get in touch with your core values in the quiet moments before the storm.
- What you should do to figure out what matters most to you so you can stop trying to be someone you’re not.
Resources from this episode: