Punk Rock HR Episode 134:
Today’s guest is Heidi Spirgi. She is the Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer at Cornerstone On Demand, an HR technology company. Heidi has done a little bit of everything, but the common thread of her career has been helping organizations to unlock the best of their employees through emerging practices and programs, building cultures that ensure people can be the best version of themselves at work, and leveraging technology to do all of that.
Heidi is someone who I admire and look to in real life as well as on social media. Whenever there’s a new tool, trend, or something that’s gotten a lot of hype, I’ll know it’s real if Heidi buys into it.
Our conversation today touches on all the good stuff: leadership, growth, learning, development, and what it’s like to be human at a time where it’s crazy even to be alive. If you’re wondering how to be there for your workforce and, really, be there for yourself, sit back and enjoy this conversation with Heidi Spirgi.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What it’s like to be employed in 2020 for Heidi.
- How organizations need to change in order to prevent employees from reaching a breaking point.
- How she, as an executive and a leader, shows that she’s an employee, too.
- Why self-leadership is such an important emerging skill.
- How to manage zoom fatigue for our teams.
- How Heidi has seen remote work change over the past 6 months.
- How organizations can be a force for change and do some good in the world.
Resources from this episode: