This bonus episode is a recording of a live event sponsored by Old Town Books in Alexandria, Va., called the Women in Leadership Author Panel. I was honored to be a part of this panel alongside the ladies behind EMILY’s List, a political action committee that helps with getting women elected who are in favor of abortion rights.
Join me in this conversation with Stephanie Schriock, former president of EMILY’s List, and Christina Reynolds, vice president of communications at EMILY’s List. Together, they are also authors of the book “Run to Win: Lessons in Leadership for Women Changing the World,” an essential guide for women trying to succeed in the male-dominated political field. We discuss getting women elected to office, as well as how to ascend the ranks of the corporate ladder and finally break through that stupid glass ceiling.
Some of the questions that we discuss together during the panel include:
- How do you recommend putting professional detachment into action?
- What advice would you give to someone whose five-year plan is to run for office?
- After a year of feeling like everything has been put on hold, how do you find the career spark once again?
- How do you handle financial preparation for a big career change, such as taking time away from work to run for office?
- How can we reverse the trend of women leaving the workforce, and what role can employers play?
- What advice would you give to the next generation of women leaders?
Be sure to support Old Town Books and pick up copies of “Betting on You” and “Run to Win” directly from them!