We’re proud to be sponsored by Ultimate Software. They’re a leading cloud provider of people management solutions with a commitment to continuing education for HR, talent, and payroll professionals.
Ultimate Software is hosting dozens of free educational HR workshops around the country. Check out ultimatesoftware.com/LFW for more information on how to earn free HRCI, SHRM, and APA recertification credits.
Martin Moore is the founder and CEO of Your CEO Mentor. He is a successful CEO who has already walked the path of leadership and is now sharing what he knows about leadership with others. He is the “leader from down under,” and is also my guest this week on Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, Martin and I talk about the five ways to kill your leadership career, the core skills needed to be an effective leader, as well as, the state of leadership today. So if you’re looking to improve your leadership skills and want to hear from a man who knows a thing or two about leadership (and has a killer Australian accent), sit back and enjoy this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Core leadership skills needed in the workforce today
- How to know if you’re ready for leadership
- Tips for delivering feedback or receiving feedback when a conflict arises
- How to avoid ambiguity as a career killer
- Being mindful and focused as a leader and the need to carve out time for mindfulness
- Martin writes that far too many leaders are working at the wrong level. He explains what this means
- Martin shares what Your CEO Mentor is and the programs it is bringing to leaders in 2019 and beyond
- Why resilience is so important to being a CEO and leader
- The importance of integrity and character
- Creating a company culture from the top down
“There are five basic skills for a leader. The first of those is communication, and when I say communication it’s not just talking, because all leaders can talk. It’s about listening and understanding the people that you’re talking to. And, you need to have the ability to get the most out of your people by having the leadership dialogue that brings out their best.” ~ Martin Moore, Founder and CEO, Your CEO Mentor
“Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance.” ~ Martin Moore, Founder and CEO, Your CEO Mentor
Resources from this episode:
Thank you to our sponsor: Ultimatesoftware.com/LFW
Martin Moore’s website: www.yourceomentor.com
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/martin-moore-075b001/
**Listeners Receive a 15% discount to Martin Moore’s Leadership Beyond the Theory program: courses.yourceomentor.com/courses/lbt Use Discount Code LFW15 (Code is valid from Feb. 1st-28th. Class starts on Monday, March 4th)