Punk Rock HR Mentorship Friday:
Cameron Sackett is a recent graduate of the University of Michigan who is looking for his first full-time job right now in marketing or social media management. Cameron is not just a young adult entering the workforce but is facing searching for a job in the middle of a pandemic.
I first met Cameron when he was in middle school. Now, we have known each other for over 10 years. I wanted to bring him on to have a conversation on what he’s looking for in a job, how he’s doing it, and what it’s going to take to get him into the workforce.
This episode isn’t a workforce generational discussion. Instead, Cameron and I talk about life stages and what he is looking for at this period in his life. He has some keen insights and lessons for all of us. Whether you work as a leader or a human resources professional, you’ll want to listen in to this great conversation with Cameron.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Cameron’s unconventional college journey and how his worldview has changed during his time in college.
- What it’s like looking for a job in the midst of a pandemic.
- How his dad’s career in the human resources and recruiting industry has been a blessing and a curse.
- His excitement and concerns about the future of work.
- The line between politics and the workplace.
- How to manage your social media profile while job hunting.
- How to build connections on social media without revealing too much.
Resources from this episode: