Punk Rock HR Episode 106:
How are brands like Warby Parker or Casper Mattress re-shaping the way we make purchases in the 21st century? Well, Larry Ingrassia, my guest this week, is going to tell us. Larry is a former journalist, and editor turned author of the book, Billion Dollar Brand Club: How Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, and Other Disruptors Are Remaking What We Buy. Together we discuss the online brands you know, with billion-dollar valuations. We also talk about customer experience as a critical differentiator for many of these brands. And finally, we talk about COVID-19 and how it may or may not change our shopping habits.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How the questions, “How did this happen?” And “How did what I thought was impossible become possible?” were the inspiration for writing the book, Billion Dollar Brand Club.
- Consumers shop differently today than they were even a decade ago. Larry shares some of the changes that have taken place in our shopping habits, even before COVID-19.
- What it takes to create a product and a brand that will be around for the long term and have value.
- What makes a billion-dollar brand, a billion-dollar company.
- Today’s economy and what the fallout will be due to COVID-19.
- We discuss brands as disruptors and how they affect the marketplace.
- A reminder for entrepreneurs: what might seem impossible to a lot of people, you have to say, I’m going to make possible.
Resources from this episode: