Punk Rock HR Episode 113:
The hospitality industry has suffered tremendously because of COVID. The jobs the industry provides, well, they’re the backbone of American families. This week, Jim Knight joins me to talk about the recession, staying motivated, and being resilient in hard times. We go deep into the retail, hospitality, and foodservice industries because that’s the area of the economy that Jim knows best.
Jim Knight is a training and development veteran with over 30 years of experience. He trains people to be their best. While I find the term ‘rockstar’ often overused, Jim Knight is a rockstar in every sense. I hope you enjoy my conversation with him.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Jim breaks down what is going on in the hospitality and foodservice industry today, how many within the industry are discovering what it means to be resilient.
- Tension around wages, earnings, and unionization; Jim shares his take.
- How safety and engagement are related.
- With more and more foodservice workers going on unemployment, what are incentives to go back to work, especially if an organization doesn’t have a plan to handle guidelines or a policy in place for COVID-19?
- Jim shares some of the organizations he believes are doing right by their employees during COVID-19 times – those who are communicating who they are and how they’re keeping not only their customers safe but their employees safe as well.
- Some ways in which we can help the food and hospitality industries and its workers.
- We discuss essential workers and what the future holds for them.
Resources from this episode: