Punk Rock HR Episode 121:
Just like the conversation all over America, and really the world, about defunding police work, today I want to talk about defunding human resources, recruiting, and compensation. HR oversees a system with rules that they don’t control and might not even agree with but can’t change, and they rarely see people at their best. For the past 40 years, we’ve been pumping money into human resources and we are not getting the ROI we deserve.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Management science is not with HR.
- How compensation programs are still biased.
- How to embrace the golden age of technology.
- Why you need to quit a job that requires you to police people.
- Have you thought about the legacy you’re leaving behind?
Resources from this episode: