Punk Rock HR Episode 135:
I’ve got a book coming out in January and there’s a chapter in there all about money. There are some key themes in it that I’ve learned from friends. These include tips like budget, pay yourself first, and, more importantly, that debt is the single biggest thing that can hold you back, both personally and professionally.
Obviously, money is messy. That’s why I have an expert on today’s show to help us sort through the basic things that we need to do to live simply and with a little bit of joy while managing our wealth. Jonathan DeYoe is a bestselling author, speaker, and the founder and CEO of Mindful Money. However, he’s really a financial literacy fanatic. Jonathan is both a money manager and Buddhist scholar and his book has really had an impact on me.
Maybe you have a great relationship with your cash. Or maybe you’re like me and spend more than you earn. Whatever the case, I know you’re going to enjoy this conversation. So, tune in to hear my discussion with Jonathan DeYoe.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Jonathan’s origin story.
- The similarities and connections between money and religion.
- Why so many of us have a weird relationship with money.
- Who his book is for and some important lessons that are in it.
- What to do if you’re struggling to do the best you can with whatever money you have.
- How he educates people on ownership when it comes to finances.
- The three main sections of his book, Mindful Money.
Resources from this episode: