Punk Rock HR Episode 138:
Punk Rock HR is underwritten by Headspace for Work.
My guest today is Robert Glazer. He’s the founder and CEO of a company called Acceleration Partners. But he’s also the author of one of my favorite newsletters, Friday Forward.
Robert has made the 52 most impactful stories from that weekly email into an incredible book. Friday Forward the book will give you the inspiration you need to reach your goals, lead others, and ultimately fix work.
Whenever somebody is struggling or down about their job, I like to give them books. They help them think through their experiences and get help from others. Friday Forward is one of those books that you could offer one of your friends in a similar situation.
If you’re looking for different ideas or a different playbook about your job, or if you have friends who need that, tune into this conversation with Robert.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How the transition to remote work has impacted women.
- What Robert’s book is all about and where the inspiration for it came.
- Some of the stories that stuck with him from the book.
- Why he writes.
- How the trend of open-sourcing the good stuff is growing.
- What surprised him about writing this book.
- Why the marketing side of writing a book is so difficult and what to do about it.
- Important lessons from Friday Forward about the world of business
Resources from this episode: