Let’s Fix Work Episode 84
This week my guest is Vadim Liberman. Vadim is someone who is incredibly special to me. He’s so special that I almost didn’t want to share him with the world, but I will because he’s great. Vadim is the new Managing Editor of ERE magazine, which is an online magazine for recruiters and talent acquisition professionals.
Before he worked at ERE, he worked at The Conference Board Review and he was my boss. He was an exceptional boss at that. Every time he edited a piece of my writing, he made it better. So yes, I have firsthand knowledge that Vadim is an amazing leader with an awesome view on the world of work. He is also a critical thinker when it comes to tools, techniques, methodologies, and technology; and how we use them in the world of work. I love that about him.
So if you want to hear about the future of work and technology trends from someone who is getting stuff done and making a difference, then sit back and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The Conference Board Review, the work Vadim and I did there, and our boss/employee relationship
- Why being friends with your boss is just not conducive to friendship or leadership
- Thinking of workplace culture as a community; rather than as a family
- Vadim as a fearless communicator
- What DisruptHR NYC is and Vadim’s contributions
- Why authenticity isn’t important in work and how it can be counterproductive to good leadership and being a good employee
- The importance of being your best self rather than your real self
- We ponder the question, “Are we using technology and assessments to get to the outcome that we wanted or do we really believe in science?”
- The good, the bad, and the ugly of HR tech; plus what’s working and what’s not