Punk Rock HR Episode 98
Meet former HR leader turned writer, speaker, and entrepreneur, Lars Schmidt. Lars is a columnist for Fast Company, and the owner of an executive search firm called Amplify Talent. He is also the founder of a podcast that is kicking butt and taking names. The 21st Century HR podcast explores how to build better businesses through modern practices and approaches.
There’s nothing Lars hasn’t done in the world of HR and recruiting. But, above all else, Lars is a community builder. He is an honest, earnest, and progressive guy with good ideas. Tune in to hear us discuss 21st Century HR practices and what he is doing to change the narrative. I hope you enjoy our conversation in this very first episode of Punk Rock HR.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Lars decided to create the 21st Century HR podcast
- How new-school HR is addressing unrealistic expectations in the workplace
- Lars shares stories and examples of what good leadership looks like
- Many HR departments don’t want to touch politics or the third rails; Lars offers his reflections on this topic
- Why a willingness by HR professionals to be real, vulnerable, and relatable is a game-changer
Resources from this episode:
Plus, check out these 21st Century HR Podcast Episodes: