This week’s show is all about well-being. Joining me is an expert in the well-being field, Dr. Laura Hamill. Laura is the co-founder, Chief Scientist, and Chief People Officer of Limeade. Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. Their focus is on the whole person and the whole company, with tools and programs to support both.
Laura and I had a great conversation about what it means to be a whole, healthy functioning adult, plus non-toxic work environments and the actual work it takes to get there. Additionally, we talked about how to build a productive environment where people enjoy their jobs, respect one another, have boundaries, and actually can go home and enjoy their lives.
if you’ve ever thought about well-being and wondered if it’s just a fad, I think you’re going to love this episode, so sit tight and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work with my special guest, Dr. Laura Hamill.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Limeade: who they are, what they do, and who they help
- Dr. Laura’s journey from the world of psychology and research to Chief People Officer and Chief Scientist at Limeade
- Burnout: the science behind it, why it happens, and how to prevent it
- The power of gratitude and recognition
- Dr. Laura answers the question, “Does it do gratitude and recognition a disservice when we create a formal program around it?”
- Laura shares what she is most optimistic about when it comes to the future of work
- The evolution of caring about people in the workplace
“There’s a lot of great research to say that the more gratitude you have in your life, the higher levels of well-being you have. This kind of overall quality of life is enhanced by being grateful.” ~Dr. Laura Hamill, Ph.D
“What if we thought about all these things we do in human resources from the perspective of the employee? Instead of thinking about… we have these benefits and we have learning and development and we have a recognition program, what if we really tipped all of this on its side and said, how do we show our employees that we care about them and how do we create an amazing employee experience?” ~ Dr. Laura Hamill, Ph.D
Resources from this episode:
- Inclusion in Your Workplace
- Organizational Support Lightpaper
- The Big E: Employee Engagement
- Can You Spot Burnout?
We’re proud to be sponsored by Ultimate Software. They’re a leading cloud provider of people management solutions with a commitment to continuing education for HR, talent, and payroll professionals.
Ultimate Software is hosting dozens of free educational HR workshops around the country. Check out ultimatesoftware.com/LFW for more information on how to earn free HRCI, SHRM, and APA recertification credits.