Let’s Fix Work Episode 69
Bill Perry is the founder of The Innovatus Group. Bill was referred to me by one of the listeners of the show. They described him as a Sherpa. Yes, a Sherpa. While that phrase is often overused, Bill is the real deal. He offers extremely personalized executive development, coaching, and team training. The people who work with him rave about their results.
Bill comes at his work from the heart. He is plainspoken. He does not use any buzzwords and he believes in a better you, better teams, better business, and better life. Bill truly believes that in order to be a good employee, you have to live with integrity. If you want to be a leader, you have to live from the inside out. Today we talk about working human and leading from the heart. So if you’re interested in listening to a conversation about consulting and leadership and hearing from someone who brings his whole heart to the conversation, I know you’re going to enjoy this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Over-indexing on careers when things are broken at home or under-indexing on their careers when things are broken at work and why it happens
- A conversation about integrity, Bill’s personal take on it and how he makes it a part of his work
- The biggest challenge leaders are facing in order to restore integrity to themselves, plus what is holding leaders back
- How self-care is important, including getting quality sleep, moving more, and eating healthy
- The biggest challenges small teams face and how Bill is helping to solve them
- As a coach, when do you know it’s time to send someone to a therapist versus continuing to stay along with them
- We talk about how appreciation is the language of engagement, discuss our different love languages and how it all plays into fixing work
Resources from this episode:
Grab Bill’s PDF Download: How To Tell If Your Top Performers Are Ready to Leave