Let’s Fix Work Episode 92:
On today’s show, I’m speaking to Elena Valentine, the Co-Founder, CEO, and Servant Leader of Skill Scout, a Chicago-based filmmaking company. Elena and her colleagues are workplace documentarians—they tell workplace stories. What’s a workplace story? Well, it could be a video on a careers page. It could be a film attached to a job description. Or, it could be a welcome video on your first day of work.
Listen in as Elena and I talk about the many different work environments and how every job has a purpose and a story behind it. If you’re interested in a far-ranging discussion about workplace identity, tune into this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- BTS (behind the scenes) of a workplace filmmaker, what they do and how they do it.
- How social justice and equality intersect in workplace storytelling.
- Bridging the gap between HR departments and people in power with those doing the work.
- How Elena became a workplace filmmaker and why this is important to her.
- Elena answers the question, “Are there work environments that lend themselves to better stories compared to others?”
- The ethical dilemma of being asked to work with a company or organization whose values, mission, or viewpoints don’t necessarily match your values or those of your company.
Resources from this episode: