We’re proud to be sponsored by Ultimate Software. They’re a leading cloud provider of people management solutions with a commitment to continuing education for HR, talent, and payroll professionals.
Ultimate Software is hosting dozens of free educational HR workshops around the country. Check out ultimatesoftware.com/LFW for more information on how to earn free HRCI, SHRM, and APA recertification credits.
This week I’m talking to radio personality, Ryan Arnold. He’s a longtime friend and DJ at WXRT, Chicago’s Finest Rock. He’s also the founder of Desoto and State Communications. In today’s show, we talk about what it’s like to have a dream job and how health insurance makes dreams possible. We also cover side hustles, entrepreneurship, and the art and act of service.
If you want to hear how dream jobs happen with health insurance from a smooth-talking radio personality and PR professional, then sit back and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Ryan’s love of communicating,presenting, and being a personality: when he decided he was going to be in radio
- His experience during the Great Recession, unable to find a job in radio and taking a job as a heavy equipment operator
- The important lesson of checking ego at the door and coming back to earth
- Benefitting from and having your world change from access to healthcare
- The normal culture of a radio station versus the culture at WXRT
- Having a dream job and Ryan’s thought about it all
- Ryan’s passion for communicating on behalf of the little guy
- Ryan’s PR company, Desoto and State: why the company exists, who they work with, and the work they do
“I’m privileged to do this every day. I walk into the Prudential Building where the station is located, my key card beeps and I walk into the studio. I’m grateful every day.” Ryan Arnold, DJ at WXRT
Resources from this episode: