Punk Rock HR Episode 100:
People keep saying that we’re living in an unprecedented era of disruption. While this is new for us, humankind has lived through war, pestilence, plagues, and we have persevered. We persevere because we hustle, and we move quickly. We think about innovative solutions, but we also rely on our community. So when a member of my community told me about Lorna Borenstein and the work she is doing to help in this time of crisis, I knew I needed to have her on the podcast. She is a business owner, an entrepreneur, and is at the epicenter of helping people do their best work and feel great at a time when that’s under assault.
Lorna Borenstein is the founder and CEO of a well-being company called Grokker. Her company has created a platform where credentialed experts can offer videos and teach people how to live better. They focus on five aspects of well-being; fitness, mental health, sleep, nutrition, and financial wellness. Up until last week, Grokker was not available to everyone; it was only open to organizations and companies looking to promote wellness to their workforce. But Lorna and her colleagues are now offering all videos free to consumers and businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak. It’s a pretty special thing when someone can jump in and ask, “What can I do in this moment of crisis?” Lorna is someone doing just that.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why Lorna created Grokker and why she decided to make the platform free to businesses and individuals during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- We discuss the type of content and videos you can find on the platform.
- Lorna shares why she believes older generations are becoming more comfortable using technology and therefore, will have easy entry into utilizing videos found on Grokker.
- Some thoughts around poverty and accessibility in isolation.
- We answer the question, “How can working parents chill out right now?”
- Lorna describes the COVID-19 Preparedness Program, which is now available for access.
Resources from this episode:
Grokker – Free for Business
Grokker – Free for Individuals
New COVID-19 Preparedness Program
Lorna on LinkedIn
Lorna on Twitter
Grokker on Twitter
Laurie on Instagram
Laurie on LinkedIn
Read more from Laurie
Work with Laurie