Punk Rock HR is underwritten by Headspace for Work.
Today’s guest is Madison Butler. She is a human resources professional, a recruiter, a talent acquisition leader, and someone who is very passionate about startups. However, the reason that she’s on my podcast today is that no matter where she goes, Madison is unapologetically herself. Her self-confidence shines through no matter where she is, whether in real life or on social media.
Madison speaks her mind even in the face of death threats. That’s right–Madison gets death threats from people in HR on LinkedIn. But even in the face of all that relentless negativity, Madison still believes in people. She still believes that human resources has a role in making the world a better place.
All of that explains why I love Madison. I admire her so much and I know you will, too. So sit back and enjoy this conversation with my dear friend, Madison Butler.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why we need to fix how corporations view people.
- The work Madison is doing within startups to change the world.
- How she defines the work that needs to be done in corporate America.
- Her reaction to HR professionals taking charge of DNI initiatives.
- What those of us who are disgusted by the performative behavior of corporate America can do.
- What Madison is experiencing and feeling as she interacts online.
- How to know what a company is really like when you apply to work there.
- How the interviewing and hiring processes are broken.
- Why metrics are a bad way to take the pulse of an employee’s job performance.
- Why Madison is doing the work that she is doing.
Resources from this episode:
If you enjoyed this episode, we’ve created a PDF that has all of the key information for you from the episode. Just fill out the form below to download it.