Punk Rock HR is underwritten by Headspace for Work.
My guest today is Derek Irvine. Derek has been in the human resources business for a long time, helping companies just be more human and more civil to one another. Today, he holds the position of Senior Vice President for the company Workhuman.
Derek is also the author of the new book, Making Work Human. Derek and his co-author believe that by building a sense of belonging, purpose, meaning, happiness, and energy for every employee, you’ll create a profound connection between your organization and its goals. They wrote Making Work Human to provide you with everything you need to get there.
I’ve known Derek for a long time. He was talking about making work human far before it was trendy. So if you’re interested in hearing from the pioneer of the work human movement, tune into my conversation with Derek.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- All about Making Work Human and why Derek wrote it.
- Why we should always be thanking and celebrating essential workers.
- The role of technology in making work human.
- Why storytelling is so important, especially right now.
- What writing a book does for your business.
- What human resources leaders will learn from his book.
- What he learned about himself as he wrote this book and throughout COVID-19.
- How the stress of this season is impacting his own organization.
- All about resilience and how it appears in his book.
Resources from this episode:
If you enjoyed this episode, we’ve created a PDF that has all of the key information for you from the episode. Just fill out the form below to download it.