Punk Rock HR Episode 99:
This week’s guest has always inspired me not to be a sucker. Frank Roche is one of America’s leading experts on executive compensation and benefits. He is a baby boomer who had a portfolio career before it was cool. He’s been a writer and a journalist, a technologist, and a corporate advisor at very Senior levels. He’s also a podcaster with two podcasts, one about postcards, and another about his journey with pancreatic cancer.
In this episode, we talked about the early days of the social web, what it was like to put yourself out there, and have significant and controversial ideas. Frank was there with me in the early days of Punk Rock HR. He’s always in my head when I get a little too big for my britches. He is also one of my biggest champions. I just love this conversation with Frank Roche, and I hope you do too.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The Wild West of conferences and blogging, circa 2009 and 2010
- Frank shares a little bit about his entrepreneurial journey and how he worked to keep people in work during the recession
- Why he left the world of consulting and went back to his roots as a writer and journalist
- The launch of his podcasts Postcardist and The Adventures of PanCan Man
- Frank opens up about his diagnosis and battle with pancreatic cancer
- We discuss Frank’s belief that science is the answer and why cancer rubbernecking sucks
Resources from this episode: