Let’s Fix Work Episode 93:
This week I am introducing you to Barry O’Reilly, a business advisor, entrepreneur, and author who has pioneered the intersection of business model innovation, product development, organizational design, and culture transformation. Barry authored both Unlearn and Lean Enterprise. If this isn’t enough cred, he is also the founder of ExecCamp plus faculty at Singularity University. He is truly a super cool guy.
Barry is an expert on how to question your beliefs and how to unlearn things. During the episode, we talk about learning your assumptions, your beliefs, and the things you thought to be true which may not be true. Next, we take all of these things and discuss how each may be holding you back personally and professionally.
Barry has some practical tools, tips, and techniques to help you move yourself towards greater success in your career and in your life. Tune into this episode of Let’s Fix Work to learn how to achieve your goals and how to stop failing over and over.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What it means to unlearn something and how you can do it.
- How to identify what’s outdated and what’s still working in your personal and professional lives.
- Some circumstances which cause you to fail plus how to unlearn the things getting in your way of success.
- How it is important to ask yourself, “What would be my success story?”
- Why it’s important to think big when you are working to unlearn something.
- How leaders and corporations can look at unlearning differently.
Resources from this episode:
How High Performance Organizations Innovate at Scale
Barry O’Reilly on LinkedIn
Barry’s Unlearn Podcast
Laurie on Instagram
Laurie on LinkedIn
Read more from Laurie
Work with Laurie