Let’s Fix Work Episode 94:
This week’s episode features Asha Curran, Co-Founder and CEO of Giving Tuesday. Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of people in organizations to transform their communities and the world. I’m a fan of big ideas and people who are out there making a difference in the world. Asha is this person.
Historically, Giving Tuesday was associated with the American Holiday of Thanksgiving but, in recent years, this has changed. It’s more than a hashtag. It’s more than a holiday ritual. It’s an organization and a movement. In this episode, Asha shares the history and the roots of Giving Tuesday, where it is today and where it’s headed tomorrow. So, if you’d like to hear a conversation with someone about philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, and how generosity can change the world of work, tune in to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Asha defines Giving Tuesday, what it is, and how it came to be.
- The history of Giving Tuesday including its start at 92nd Street Y.
- Some surprising stats and figures about the organization. For example, in 2019, nearly $2 billion was donated on Giving Tuesday.
- What it’s like to work at Giving Tuesday and what is involved in running this organization.
- Asha explains why she believes everybody can bond online over philanthropy.
- How Asha is working within the community and talking about the future of work.
- The concept of generosity in the workplace, bringing it into every interaction, and how it can change the world of work.
- How organizations, companies, and brands can participate in Giving Tuesday (which takes place in 2020 on December 1st).
Resources from this episode:
Asha Curran on LinkedIn
Giving Tuesday on Instagram
Giving Tuesday on Facebook
Giving Tuesday on LinkedIn
92nd Street Y
Laurie on Instagram
Laurie on LinkedIn
Read more from Laurie
Work with Laurie