Let’s Fix Work Episode 88:
A lot of people are making a big deal about the end of the decade. I am not one of those people. As we close out another year, today’s show is not a wrap up episode. Instead, as we leave 2019 and head into 2020, I would like to take this opportunity to talk about something that’s on my mind. In the HR community a lot of people are talking about influence and thought leadership. Some people think those words are played out. But there are people in the HR world who do want to be thought leaders and influencers. They have something smart to say about fixing work. I love these individuals.
And it’s not just in the HR world where I see this shift happening. There’s a cultural movement happening. More and more people feel the need to educate. More people are feeling the need to teach. They have a message to share.
Are you one of those people who wants to be a thought leader? Do you have a message of hope? Well, if you do, I have some tips for you. So if you want some tactical tips and strategies on becoming a thought leader in 2020, then sit back and listen to this episode of Let’s Fix Work.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The importance of being comfortable within your own skin and with the title of ‘thought leader’
- A reminder that you can’t compete or influence if you are not putting yourself and your content out there
- Understanding that everyone has a competitor and some ways to audit and stop your competition
- Realized that in order to become a thought leader or influence, you have get in the mix and be where the conversations are happening
- Why you must be willing to take risks and be willing to be ostracized from the people you absolutely love and adore